SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#80534 - 08/22/05 06:41 AM So I said "NO WAY" ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Saturday I went shopping for a new printer ... having read the reports here I was looking to purchase the EPSON 320 (?) ... Expecting to pay about $175 US, I went to Best Buy ... They had the printer priced at $190 ... So I said "No way was I going to spend $190 (+ USB cable $30) for this printer, and went to COMPUSA down the street ...Well, they had the 320 at $179 + $21 for the USB, and I ask the salesman the difference between the 320 @ $179 and the 200 at $99 ... he tells me it's the same quality printer, but the 320 has the option for accepting a memory stick of photos from a digital camera so you don't have to use your computer to edit, print, etc. ... So I said "Well, I don't have a digital camera, so that doesn't matter ... He asks if I am contemplating getting one, and I said "yes, for Christmas" ... (in fact my wife and I had just discussed it that morning, because we are planning a trip to Italy in the Spring) ... He says "Well, we have some nice cameras on sale and if you buy one today, you get the printer FREE after rebate!" ... An hour and a half later (I'm no pushover !!! ) I'm walking out of the store having just spent $481 !!! ...
BUT, for my $481 ($381 after rebate which I am filling out now) I got a SONY 5 meg camera which is so user friendly I already took some photos & videos and showed them on the PC, as well as print out the first photo, and a printer (with USB cable) which I can use to print on CDs ...
But..."NO WAY was I spending $190 for a printer !!!" ... My wife is a SAINT !!!
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 08-22-2005).]

#80535 - 08/22/05 09:11 AM Re: So I said "NO WAY" ...
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Tony,
We must have went to different schools together. You sound just like me when I go to Best Buy or Fry's Electronics.
BUT, a bargain is a bargain and only a fool would pass up a bargain, right
Bebop

#80536 - 08/22/05 09:13 AM Re: So I said "NO WAY" ...
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Tony....You done good....congratulations....
let us know please about the cd tray...is it as bad as some have made it out to be flimsy or dependable???? thanks...
tony Rome

#80537 - 08/22/05 10:36 AM Re: So I said "NO WAY" ...
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
CD tray....??
...I thought that thing was a cup holder!!

------------------
...shboom

#80538 - 08/22/05 03:16 PM Re: So I said "NO WAY" ...
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by shboom:
CD tray....??

HEHEHEHE...GOOD ONE, Shboom
Tony Rome

#80539 - 08/22/05 04:42 PM Re: So I said "NO WAY" ...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dear Lydia,

Please do not kill Tony--he's really a wonderful, loving person who is addicted to bargain shopping.

My wife, however, my be secretly plotting my untimely demise since I just purchased a 27-foot Catalina sailboat. (I couldn't turn down a bargain either!) She'll probably give me a Viking funeral by putting an axe in my thick skull , raising the sails, point the bow due east and set the boat on fire. Hey, it's cheaper than putting my boney butt in a casket and she'll be getting rid of the sailboat at the same time!

Bottom's up,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#80540 - 08/22/05 05:33 PM Re: So I said "NO WAY" ...
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Quote:
Originally posted by shboom:
CD tray....??

You mean it was not a cup holder? All this time I... Ah! Darn! Just spilled my coffee. I was always wondering where CDs are inserted on this computer thing. Well, that's why I love SZ. Every day you learn something new!

Beer anyone?

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 08-22-2005).]

#80541 - 08/22/05 08:32 PM Re: So I said "NO WAY" ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Dear Lydia,

Please do not kill Tony--he's really a wonderful, loving person who is addicted to bargain shopping.

My wife, however, my be secretly plotting my untimely demise since I just purchased a 27-foot Catalina sailboat. (I couldn't turn down a bargain either!) She'll probably give me a Viking funeral by putting an axe in my thick skull , raising the sails, point the bow due east and set the boat on fire. Hey, it's cheaper than putting my boney butt in a casket and she'll be getting rid of the sailboat at the same time!

Bottom's up,

Gary

Gary ... Lydia was fine with it....but wouldn't let me near a car dealership that day !!!
t.

#80542 - 08/23/05 10:02 AM Re: So I said "NO WAY" ...
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Gary,

Is this your version of playing on a cruise ship?

Tom

Tom

#80543 - 08/23/05 05:39 PM Re: So I said "NO WAY" ...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
All I have to do is dump another $1,000 bucks into this hole in the water and I should be ready to sail. Interestingly, the marina where I'm having the work done is thinking about hiring me for an end of season party right after I get back from Tony Rome's part of the world. Wonder if they'll do some horse tradin'?

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online